Periscope is a platform to share our eyes with the world. It is a tool that allows us to broadcast live videos to our community and vice versa. Be it anywhere, anytime; if it’s a moment worth sharing, Periscope is for you. This not only brings the ease of sharing your precious time but also spreading one’s viewpoint about anything happening around you. In recent times, it has gained major popularity due to these advantages and continues to prosper with the platform it has to offer. It has a large user database in all the operating platforms and can be lined up against any of the existing social networking giants.
Originally a private venture named ‘Bounty’ and being acquired by Twitter in Jan. 2015 (before launch), Periscope now hosts around 50 million users. It’s not just a platform for sharing videos, users can socialize, pour out their hearts and view whatever any one experiences day in and day out. The interface is quite simple and appealing. The instant you go live to broadcast, your online community is notified and they can respond in real time through comments and ‘hearts’. The more people like your feed, more hearts-meander up your screen.
Trending : Tinder for PC (Windows 7/8/10) or Mac
After stamping its success in the iOS platforms, Periscope is cruising through the Android world and other platforms are not too beyond its reach. Periscope was conferred as iPhone ‘App of the year – 2015’ and its service justifies it. With the boom in social networking taking communication media to a different hierarchy of expectations and possibilities, Periscope app definitely has proved to be a feather in its cap. So, let’s get Periscope for PC or Mac following step by step procedure..
Salient Features of Periscope
- Choice to broadcast publicly or privately. Manage your feed by pressing the Private option before going live.
- Availability of the broadcast for Replay for 24 hours. The replay can be deleted by the broadcaster anytime.
- Integration with Twitter – allows the broadcaster to tweet links of the live broadcast to the Twitter community. Also, suggestions to follow people or link-ups are provided while setting up the Periscope profile.
- Limiting or Inviting a number of viewers to your broadcast by creating scopes.
- Follow or unfollow people based on your Twitter handle and manage the notifications of their broadcasts
- Ability to block viewers within a scope.
The astounding success of Periscope is a verification of the quality of service and tools it provides. A platform where you can independently share real life experiences, occasions, events, moments – it’s just like providing your eyes to the world. Moreover, enjoying the luxury to comment your thoughts on a particular broadcast is as close to the reality as it gets. The only requirements for this app are an internet connection, the application and camera on the device and you are ready to go LIVE!
Must Download : Tango for PC (Windows 7/8/10) or Mac
How to Download Periscope for PC-Windows 10/8/7
With the unflinching success at the mobile OS platforms like iOS and Android, Periscope app is now also compatible with tvOS (Apple TV). Moreover, it can also be used on PCs having camera facility, particularly on laptops, notebooks and ultra books, using emulators for the former mentioned platforms. Easily obtainable Android emulators like Andy and Bluestacks do the job.
Here’s how to get Periscope for PC:
- Download and install Andy for Android. Make sure you meet the requirements for installing an Android emulator in your system.
- Run the emulator and sign up or add your Google account.
- Once done, search for Periscope on Google Play Store.
- Install the application and go Live, now with your PC. (Notice that all the controls would be taken over by your keyboard, mouse or touch screen sensors.
With Periscope PC version, you can enjoy its service at any platform and at your own ease and comfort. This would step up the user count of this app, if nothing else, which is a certainty considering its features and uncluttered streaming. Its not just a mere speculation, the facts state that Periscope is a ‘must-have’ for all you social bugs and activists around.